To lead a project team it is not enough to be a good designer. Architects also need to demonstrate sophisticated management and motivational skills.
Who this course is for
This course is a primer for all architects who are faced with the task of leading a project. It aims to develop working methodologies for successful project leadership and helps to build the skills and confidence required to lead successfully, confidently and enjoyably.
This is a two day course. In keeping with the Colander philosophy, both days are intensely practical, using an interactive workshop style with working exercises, case studies, discussions and activities, supported by comprehensive course notes.
Delegate numbers are limited in order to maintain the interactive quality of the training.
- The role of a project leader
- Architectural appointments and Plans of Work
- Assessing/allocating architectural fees
- Organising architectural resources
- Working with a design team
- Leadership and management
- Understanding and managing clients
- Getting useful briefs
- Budget assessments
- Signing off techniques
- Defining quality
- Taking on, or picking up a new project
- Problem solving
- The practicalities of different locations
- Completions and handovers
- Dealing with unknown issues
- The profile of a project leader
CPD Certificates are issued to all attendees. For architects, all our courses address the RIBA CPD requirements for either Project or Practice Management.