What is the value of business benchmarking for architects…?
We had a fantastic turnout for the first Colander Conversation: ‘Knowledge is Power’, which was hosted at the RIBA.
Caroline Cole of Colander introduced the evening by delivering a paper about the value of business benchmarking for architects, in which she referenced the findings of the 2014 RIBA Business Benchmarking survey which she had recently written.
This was followed by a lively panel discussion with Phyllida Mills from Mills Power Architects, Fiona Neil from Piercy & Co and Peter Murray from Stanton Williams representing small, medium and large architectural practices respectively.
Finally, the conversation was opened to the audience.
A number of short videos were made of the evening:
- Introduction to benchmarking
- Benchmark 1 : Profit as a percentage of turnover
- Benchmark 2 : Salaries as a percentage of expenditure
- Benchmark 3 : Non-fee earners as a percentage of fee earners
- Benchmark 4 : Percentage of turnover spent on marketing
- Benchmark 5 : Success rates for winning work
- Benchmark 6 : Percentage of work from any one client sector
- Conclusions for the profession
- Panel Discussion
To continue the conversation: Join the Colander group on LinkedIn Join the twitter conversation on #ColanderUK
18 March 2014
"Colander has worked with FCBS over many years, on practice reviews, partner reviews and providing intelligent and informed support to our evolving leadership team."
— Jo Wright, Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios