This one day in-house client management course teaches techniques for exchanging ideas and influencing with confidence...
This course explores client management and teaches techniques for exchanging ideas and influencing with confidence, helping delegates gain their clients’ trust and setting the tone for constructive and durable working relationships. The course is for anyone in architectural practice that is responsible for setting the parameters for new projects and ensuring that clients are delighted with the service they are receiving. It is also for those working closely with clients on a daily basis.
This one day course is delivered in two halves, by two trainers, Caroline Cole and James Healy.
The course is interactive and combines practical techniques and robust principles of effective communication, with architectural scenarios and case studies to bring the theory to life.
All in-house courses can be tailored to meet the exact requirements of individual practices; a suggested framework for the day is shown here.
Morning session with Caroline Cole
Caroline has worked both as a client and as a designer and so has experience and understanding of what is important in a good client/consultant relationship from both sides of the fence.
- Planning to manage client expectations
- Communicating through a common language
- How to listen to clients
- Formal and informal relationships
- Quality of service v’s quality of product – getting the right balance
- Tools for effective communication
- Dealing with change
Afternoon session with James Healy
James is a Communications Consultant with 20 years experience working in the Corporate Learning & Development Sector. Leveraging his background as an Actor & Voiceover artist, his training helps delegates focus on Mind, Body and Voice to both communicate and influence effectively.
- What are good ‘people skills’ and why do we need them anyway?
- Understanding human behaviour through the lens of Jungian archetypal psychology – practical examples of relating different communication styles to appeal to different character types.
- Influencing techniques - use of language, voice and body to communicate with confidence and clarity.
- Handling difficult conversations – analysis and experimentation of when to ‘push’ information and when to ‘pull’ from conversations. How to assert when appropriate and when to acquiesce while maintaining credibility.
- Effective listening – broadening emotional intelligence and understanding through analysis of the ‘Three Levels of Listening’: Head, Heart & Gut.
- Rehearsal and coaching on ‘Sense of Purpose’ and how to use this as a differentiator.
A comprehensive bound set of course notes will be provided.
To discus your training needs please contact Alex or phone 0208 771 6445